Kendrick Lamar and the TDE team have just released the highly anticipated To Pimp A Butterfly album a full week in advance (via iTunes)!
There is no word on if the surprise digital release was planned or not, but we can count on the physical version to be sold on March 23rd, as originally planned.
The album, which is a follow-up to his classic 2012 debut, good kid, m.A.A.d city, features 16 tracks with guest appearances from some unique names. Some of those names include Thundercat, Snoop Dogg, James Fauntleroy, Rapsody, Ronald Isley and more.
Check out the tracklist (with production credits), listen to the snippets and purchase the LP below!
1. Wesley’s Theory (Feat. George Clinton & Thundercat) (Prod. by Flying Lotus & Flippa)
2. For Free? (Interlude) (Prod. by Terrace Martin)
3. King Kunta (Prod. by Sounwave)
4. Institutionalized (Feat. Bilal, Anna Wise & Snoop Dogg) (Prod. by Rahki & Tommy Black)
5. These Walls (Feat. Bilal, Anna Wise & Thundercat) (Prod. by Terrace Martin & Larrance Dopson of 1500 Or Nothin)
6. u (Prod. by Taz Arnold)
7. Alright (Prod. by Pharrell Williams & Sounwave)
8. For Sale? (Interlude) (Prod. by Taz Arnold)
9. Momma (Prod. by Knxwledge & Taz Arnold)
10. Hood Politics (Prod. by Tae Beast, Thundercat & Sounwave)
11. How Much A Dollar Cost (Feat. James Fauntleroy & Ronald Isley) (Prod. by Lovedragon)
12. Complexion (Feat. Rapsody) (Prod. by Thundercat & Sounwave)
13. The Blacker The Berry (Prod. by Boi-1da & Koz)
14. You Ain’t Gotta Lie (Momma Said) (Prod. by Lovedragon)
15. i (Prod. by Rahki)
16. Mortal Man (Prod. by Sounwave)
UPDATE: TDE’s CEO isn’t happy.
— dangeroo kipawaa TDE (@dangerookipawaa) March 16, 2015
UPDATE 2: We now have an official stream (via Spotify). Listen below!